Image Map

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Dealing with the Paper Flow

Hello Blogging World!
 
What a busy start to the school year it has been! The month of September has flown by- in a whirl of paperwork and meetings! Sometimes, I even get to teach! :) As things settle into a routine, I wanted to share a few of my favorite additions to my classroom this year.
I am always looking for great new organizational ideas and classroom management procedures. In mid-August, I featured some of my new organizational buys from IKEA on my amazing friend Lisa's blog: www.fourthnten.com. Check out my post HERE.
 
One of my biggest struggles, as it is for many teachers, is dealing with "Paper Flow." We are currently working on piloting a new version of our math series, and so I now have even more resources to store. Our student workbooks are important to have each day, and so I have my  students store them in the classroom. This summer, I scored two amazing rotating literature stands from a second-hand office sale. My crazy teacher self drove to Northern Kentucky, strapped them into my car, and bumbled back to Cincy like a member of the Clampett Family.

This picture is very similar to my drive, minus three people...and the gun.

After a bit of a face lift and paint, these were a heavy mess to get into the classroom. TOTALLY WORTH IT! I am using one of these rotating beauties for our workbooks, and the other for our extension and anchor activities.
Each of my students are numbered, and each of my three blocks are color-coded (yellow, green, and blue). These have been a wonderful resource.
 
To keep MY paper flow under control, I pulled some Pinterest magic...
I  bought the larger 12x12 scrapbooking drawers from Target, which is great for holding my larger groups of student papers. For the labels, I simply used cut scrapbook paper and my trusty glue gun! Simple and cute!
(I'm not going to lie- I was pretty proud of myself.)
 If you are looking for some GREAT tips for paperwork organization (whether you actually follow them, or not...) check out one of my favorite websites: Simple Organized Living.
 
Have you had any crafty classroom fun, lately?
Please share! :)
 
Have a great week!
-Lauren

 

No comments:

Post a Comment